Erina Fair Shopping Centre
|Location:||Australia - Newcastle|
- Major shopping centre with 113,741 GLA
- Occupied and operational building
- Staged works
- Demolition of existing plant rooms
- New high efficiency water cooled centrifugal chiller and associated chilled water pump, condenser water pump and pipework
- New cooling tower and associated pipework
- New chilled water pipe reticulation system
- BMCS upgrade
Located on the Central Coast of New South Wales, the Erina Fair Shopping Centre is a major retail facility for the region boasting over 330 major and minor retailers, dining outlets and specialty stores. In partnership with retail building specialists Mainbrace Constructions, Benmax completed a major upgrade of the HVAC mechanical services at the occupied and operational Erina Fair Centre in a project that saw the team on-site for approximately 18 months.
Works included the demolition of existing plant rooms; new high efficiency water cooled centrifugal chiller and associated chilled water pump, condenser water pump and pipework; new cooling tower and associated pipework; new chilled water pipe reticulation system and BMCS upgrade.
The Centre has undergone numerous major refurbishments and minor extensions since its original construction in 1986, and this upgrade project replaced ageing equipment and systems to bring the HVAC services up to the standard expected of tenants and visitors in today’s retail environment.