ANU High Performance Computing Facility
|Sector:||Data & Communications, Education|
|Location:||Australia - Canberra|
- High performance computing and data services facility
- Approx. 4,000 sqm
- 24/7 operation requiring uninterrupted supply
- High power computer rooms house Australia's most powerful computer system
- Designed with capacity for future expansion
- Office accommodation, boardroom facilities and meeting rooms
- 4.0 megawatt cooling capacity
- 2.4 megawatt free cooling
- 85,000 litre storage tanks
Located at the Australian National University in Canberra, the High Performance Computer Facility is a unique development that houses the next generation of super computers. The purpose-built high performance computing and data services facility is home to The National Computational Infrastructure (NCI) and contains Australia’s most powerful computer system.
The 4,000 sqm building has been designed with capacity for future expansion but currently contains office accommodation, boardroom facilities, meeting rooms and staff facilities across one level, with the second level housing two dedicated high power computer rooms. The facility operates 24/7 across 365 days of the year and requires an uninterrupted power and cooling supply to maintain the performance of its data services.
Benmax has completed numerous data centre projects over the years and was awarded the mechanical services contract for this new construction project by G.E. Shaws and Associates (ACT) Pty Ltd. The project was successfully handed over in 2012.