3 Molonglo Drive
|Location:||Australia - Canberra|
- A Grade commercial office
- Five storey building
- 35,000m2 net lettable space
- 5 Star NABERS rating
- 5 Star Green Star rating
- Condensed project timeframe
- Capacity for 2,000 work points
- Full-height 1,200 m2 atrium
- Open and enclosed office spaces
- Meeting facilities, enclosed theatrette, open amphitheatre and informal gathering spaces
- Extensive end of trip amenities
- Externally accessed café facilities
Working alongside long-term partner Construction Control, Benmax successfully delivered the mechanical services for this impressive commercial building located at Brindabella Business Park, Canberra. At 35,000m2, it is twice the size of any other office building located within the precinct, and its environmentally-advanced design supports a 5 Star Green Star rating and modelling to achieve a 5 Star NABERS energy rating.
With a condensed project timeframe, the experience and adaptability of the Benmax team was crucial in ensuring the unique operational requirements of the new government tenant were accommodated, while also meeting the stringent service specifications and strict security requirements.
Designed around a full height 1,200m2 atrium, the building combines an impressive visual aesthetic with a strong commitment to sustainability incorporating solar power, generator back up, advanced UPS and battery redundancy systems and water recycling. System design and equipment selection were crucial to ensure the buildings HVAC services met the high level environmental targets of the client, while providing the highest levels of comfort for tenants and visitors to building.