Quality people do quality work — that’s always been our philosophy.
We’ve established ourselves at the forefront of the industry by hiring, training, and keeping the best people.
For us, work isn’t simply a way to earn money. It’s an opportunity to grow. It’s a chance to get up every day and improve yourself. We’re always looking for people who feel the same way.
Join Benmax, and work in a team that is dedicated to providing high quality and innovative HVAC and specialised mechanical systems and services for clients of all sizes.
We have office locations in Australia and New Zealand and employ over 200 dedicated individuals. We’re not just a team – we’re a family. We look after each other. We push each other to do our best work because we all share the same passion for quality craftsmanship.
Why work with Benmax?
You’ve made your mark in the industry. Now it’s time to make your next move.
As a respected leader in the HVAC market, Benmax is a natural destination for those ready to step up their game. Working alongside the best minds in the business, you’ll share your knowledge and experience and help shape our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to do your best work every day.
At Benmax, we provide ongoing training and career development opportunities targeted to individual aspirations and the ongoing growth of the business. You will also enjoy a great team culture and be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits.
Please note: Applicants for this position must be Australian Citizens and currently hold/have the ability to obtain an Australian Government security clearance.
Your typical responsibilities will include:
- Conducting service and maintenance of HVAC systems within commercial buildings
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults
- Completing small HVAC installation works
- Ensuring site asset (equipment) inventory is accurate and complete
- Recommending repairs and preparing quotes
- Liaising with clients and providing focussed solutions
- Recommending contract changes to the account manager to meet customer needs
- Undertaking maintenance and service work that you are proud to put your name to
- Delivering work in accordance with contracts
- Assisting other technicians to help complete tasks when required
To be successful you will have the following:
- Australian Citizenship (essential)
- A current Australian Government security clearance or be able to obtain one (essential)
- Certificate 3 in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (essential), with a minimum 3 years post-trade experience in the HVAC industry (preferred)
- Valid Australian drivers licence (essential)
- Australian refrigerant handling (ARCTICK) licence (essential)
- ACT restricted electrical licence (essential)
- NSW restricted electrical licence
- OH&S General Induction (White card)
- A solid understanding of a variety of HVAC principles and systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to complete tasks efficiently and on time
- Be professional with good self-awareness
- Have well developed written and verbal communication skills
- Have an understanding of work health and safety risk management and hazard identification
- Possess an excellent attention to detail
- Be open to development and receptive to feedback
To find out more about our positions, or to apply for a role, click the button below. Include a cover letter outlining your suitability and a copy of your latest resume.