Old Parliament House
|Location:||Australia - Canberra|
- Heritage listed building
- Function and event spaces
- Meeting spaces
- Office accommodation
- Visitor facilities
- Chilled water system upgrade
- Lower level heating water pipe reticulation and radiator upgrade
- Hot water heating system upgrade
- Air handling system upgrade
Old Parliament House was the house of the Parliament of Australia from 1927 to 1988. The heritage listed building began operation in May 1927 as a temporary base until a more permanent building could be constructed for the Commonwealth Parliament after its relocation from Melbourne to Canberra.
In 1988, the Commonwealth Parliament transferred to the New Parliament House on Capital Hill and this building now serves as a venue for temporary exhibitions, lectures, events and concerts.
Beginning in 1998, Benmax has developed an ongoing relationship with Old Parliament House and has undertaken numerous projects within the heritage building including chilled water system upgrade, lower level heating water pipe reticulation and radiator upgrade, hot water heating system upgrade and air handling system upgrade.