Casey Market Town
|Location:||Australia - Canberra|
- Retail facility
- 11,000 sqm new construction
- Low noise air cooled chillers
- High efficiency condensing boilers
- Air handling units serving mall, supermarkets and speciality retailers
- Hydronic in-slab heating
- Ventilated loading dock equipped with air quality monitoring system
- 15 hours per day, seven days a week operation
- 2017 ACT Architecture Awards – Winner Commercial Architecture
Opened in May 2016, Casey Market Town is an 11,000 sqm vibrant shopping centre located within the expanding Gungahlin region of Canberra. Offering a variety of supermarkets, restaurant and food, health and beauty, and speciality retailers the facility embraces its natural surroundings in its modern design and finishes.
Awarded the mechanical services contract for the design and construction of HVAC services within the new build, including the fit out of individual stores, Benmax successfully completed the project in early 2016. Serving the busy market town are low noise air cooled chillers; high efficiency condensing boilers; air handling units serving the mall, supermarkets and specialty retailers; as well as hydronic in-slab heating; and a ventilated loading dock equipped with air quality monitoring system. Following the success of the build, Benmax secured a multi-year service and maintenance contract for the facility.