Business as (the new) usual
To our valued clients and suppliers
With the world as we know it changing due to the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to take a moment to talk about our ongoing efforts to operate ‘business as usual’ within the new parameters set out by the Australian and New Zealand Governments.
Benmax has been around for almost 35 years and during that time we have continued to operate throughout many challenging periods. Right now, we are working on some fantastic projects across all our locations and are pleased to have many new and exciting jobs on the horizon. We remain committed to delivering work on these projects no matter where this situation may take us.
Having offices in both Australia and New Zealand, we are no stranger to working together via technology. Our management systems have been cloud-based for over seven years and our team’s ability to work remotely is mostly business as usual. Granted we have more remote workspaces, but our ability to continue without retraining new software means we can keep going with little disruption. We are grateful that we already have the infrastructure in place to smoothly transition our office-based people to remote workspaces. Despite our varying locations, our team remains strong, unified and committed to delivering work to you at a high standard, even as we all adapt to our new flexible working from home arrangements.
What we have done so far:
- We have implemented our business continuity plan to minimise the impact this situation will have on our day to day business operations.
- We are adhering to all government and health department recommendations
- In New Zealand, we are in lockdown and providing ongoing support to our team, clients and the community. We are continuing to progress work on all design, documentation and planning so that when the lockdown is lifted, we can get our projects going on-site as soon as practical
- In Australia, we are working remotely where possible. We have separated our site teams and implemented new daily processes to limit exposure risks. Right across the team we are getting on with projects and continuing to deliver important maintenance works.
- We are regularly communicating with our supply chain to ensure we can maintain delivery. In some cases, this is additional support for our key trades, in others, it is bolstering our supply chain with a dual delivery model. In all cases, we are prepared for your work and upcoming projects.
We are delighted that during recent weeks we have secured significant new project works across our group as well as locking in additional maintenance sites. We have lots to get on with and we will continue to deliver the same quality services you are accustomed to.
Rest assured, Benmax is taking this situation seriously and we are making every effort to keep construction going and to continue to maintain the operation of your facilities. We are committed to working with all clients and to address any needs they may have at this time, especially our essential service providers such as the airport, hospitals and data centres, aged care facilities, and commercial spaces that are critical in supporting the long term economy.
I would like to thank our clients for their ongoing support. We are proud of the relationships we have established over the years and we will continue to support you during this challenging time while keeping one eye firmly on the future.
We know there will come a time when this situation is over. Until then, we will do our best to learn and to evolve so that we will be stronger for the future.
Please stay safe and look after yourselves and your family.