Old Parliament House was the house of the Parliament of Australia from 1927 to 1988. The building began operation as a temporary base for the Commonwealth Parliament after its relocation from Melbourne to the new capital, Canberra, until a more permanent building could be constructed. In 1988, the Commonwealth Parliament transferred to the new Parliament House on Capital Hill. It also serves as a venue for temporary exhibitions, lectures and concerts.
Beginning in 1998 Benmax has undertaken multiple projects within the heritage building including;
- chilled water system upgrade
- lower level heating water pipe reticulation and radiator upgrade
- hot water heating system upgrade
- air handling system upgrade