Benmax was awarded the mechanical services contract for the new ACT Health building in 2011. The five-storey facility delivers expanded health services with the aim of complementing local hospitals, generalist community health centres and community-based services to improve health and wellbeing in the community. The facility offers state of the art clinical services including medical imaging, pathology, community nursing, allied health and mental health services.
Consistent with the environmentally sustainable design, the open plan layout offers spacious lifts and wide stairwells, and there is a strong sense of bringing the outdoors into the facility. The many windows connect the centre with its surroundings, and window gardens on each floor also add to the natural environment.
The four storey building and three storey annex will offer the following services:
- Aged care and rehabilitation services.
- In-reach service.
- Aged Care Assessment Team.
- Aged Day Care Centre
- Alcohol and drug counselling (in-reach service)
- Continuing Care services including:
- Community Nursing Services, both home-based and clinic based services.
- Allied health services including nutrition, physiotherapy, psychology, podiatry, social work and occupational therapy outreach services.
- Child, Youth and Women services, including an ACT-Wide audiometry program.
- Dental Services for children, youth and adults.
- Capital Region Cancer Service Breast screen screening activities.
- Mental health services: Child. Adult. Adolescents and Young Adults. Older person including a Day Hospital. Psychological therapies.
- Chronic diseases management programs.
- Primary care services.
- Antenatal and other clinics.
- Renal medicine services including satellite dialysis services and clinics.
- Ambulatory Care Clinics delivered by Canberra Hospital staff so that local residents do not need to travel for selected services.
- Self management programs to manage conditions such as arthritis, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Diabetes services.
- Pathology collection service.
- Medical imaging services.
- Community development services.