Benmax NZ wins University of Otago Dental School28 02 17
Benmax NZ has secured the contract to deliver mechanical services for the University of Otago Dental School redevelopment.
The $125 million project, to be managed by a Leighs Cockram joint venture, is the largest capital redevelopment the University has ever undertaken. The new 8,000 sqm clinical services building will connect to the rear of the existing 10,000 sqm Walsh building providing 11 specialist clinics, in addition to flexible learning spaces, dentistry-specific teaching laboratories, academic accommodation and a new home for the Sir John Walsh Research Institute.
"We are extremely pleased to be working with Leighs-Cockram on this Project. This is a credit to the great work undertaken by the New Zealand team and a reward for thier efforts." Matthew Hunter, General Manager South Island, Benmax NZ
Key project features:
- $125 million project comprising new 8,000 sqm clinical services building and refurbishment of existing 10,000 sqm Walsh Building
- Innovative surgery design for general practice dentistry, together with a variety of specialist dental clinics
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching facilities including over 200 new dental chairs, the largest dental installation in New Zealand
- 11 new clinics providing a range of services, including general practice dentistry, orthodontics, paediatrics, special needs, radiology, primary care and oral surgery
- Refurbishment of existing Walsh Building to house flexible learning spaces, dentistry-specific teaching laboratories, academic accommodation and a new home for the Sir John Walsh Research Institute; a research facility that is dedicated to research of Oral Health
Work on the project has commenced with our team due to start on site later in 2017.Back