Tradesperson (Pipe) - Sydney03 11 17
Benmax Group – Sydney
Permanent full time
Benmax Group is currently looking for a number of Tradespersons (Pipe) for the Sydney region.
Established in 1986 Benmax is a quality endorsed company and a leading mechanical services provider specialising in the design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and service of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. Employing more than 140 staff, our team operates across six locations in Australia and New Zealand - Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
Our reputation is based on delivering high quality, consistently. To achieve this, we employ and train our own people ensuring we stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, improvements and equipment available to the industry.
The position is permanent full time
Working a minimum of 40 hours per week including rostered days off plus overtime.
Reporting to the Supervisor or Leading Hand, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the installation of onsite mechanical services and a proven track record in the following deliverables that are key responsibilities for this position:
- Understand project scope, client goals and expectations and resource requirements
- Study drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry work out safely
- Thoroughly understand the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and Personnel Protective Equipment
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment to minimise waste and damage and take corrective action as necessary
- Ensure work is performed as per schedule of works and carried out to quality and specification requirements
- Complete time sheets
- Perform assigned tasks on projects including: setting out and hot and cold water systems, setting out and installing associated equipment, installing and fabricating large and smell bore pipe, assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment, and assisting in commissioning systems, plant and equipment as required.
- Liaise in a professional manner with site employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and other project participants
- Thoroughly understand and implement quality control techniques and implement Benmax policies, procedures and standards
- Identify where improvements could be made, and provide suggestions to the Supervisor
- Providing relevant information to the Supervisor for inclusion in the Daily Site Diary
- Ensure records, documentation and reports are completed as requested
- Resolve worksite issues quickly and effectively in order to keep work progress on track
- Be thoroughly familiar with the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and/or Personnel Protective Equipment
- Be thoroughly familiar with OHSE &QA requirements and standards
- Ensure all site/workshop activities are conducted within QHSE & QA requirements and standards at all times
- Advise the Supervisor immediately of unsafe or potentially environmentally negative impact conditions or activities in the work area
- Report accidents, incidents and near misses to the Supervisor
- Assist new site/workshop employees in recognising job hazards or environmental issues and following required procedures
- In the event of accidents or incidents, assist the Supervisor in quarantining unsafe work areas, materials and equipment and making the situation safe
- Work in a manner that will not endanger yourself or others
To apply for the position
If you are interested in this position and want to work with a great team, please email your resume to Steve Wilson, Benmax Group Human Resources Manager on email email@example.com.Back