Tradesperson (Duct) - Sydney & Canberra
03 11 17
Benmax Group – Sydney & Canberra
Permanent full time
Benmax Group is currently looking for a number of Tradespersons (Duct) for the Sydney region and also the Canberra region.
Established in 1986 Benmax is a quality endorsed company and a leading mechanical services provider specialising in the design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and service of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. Employing more than 140 staff, our team operates across six locations in Australia and New Zealand - Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
Our reputation is based on delivering high quality, consistently. To achieve this, we employ and train our own people ensuring we stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, improvements and equipment available to the industry.
The position is permanent full time
Working a minimum of 40 hours per week including rostered days off plus overtime.
Reporting to the Supervisor or Leading Hand, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the installation of onsite mechanical services and a proven track record in the following deliverables that are key responsibilities for this position:
- Understand project scope, client goals and expectations and resource requirements
- Study drawings and specifications to determine the layout of air systems and materials required
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry work out safely
- Thoroughly understand the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and Personnel Protective Equipment
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment to minimise waste and damage and take corrective action as necessary
- Ensure work is performed as per schedule of works and carried out to quality and specification requirements
- Complete time sheets
- Perform assigned tasks on projects including: setting out and installing duct systems and asssociated equipment; installing flexible duct and outlets; assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment, assist in cmmissioning systems, plant and equipment.
- Liaise in a professional manner with site employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and other project participants
- Thoroughly understand and implement quality control techniques and implement Benmax policies, procedures and standards
- Identify where improvements could be made, and provide suggestions to the Supervisor
- Providing relevant information to the Supervisor for inclusion in the Daily Site Diary
- Ensure records, documentation and reports are completed as requested
- Resolve worksite issues quickly and effectively in order to keep work progress on track
- Be thoroughly familiar with the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and/or Personnel Protective Equipment
- Be thoroughly familiar with OHSE &QA requirements and standards
- Ensure all site/workshop activities are conducted within QHSE & QA requirements and standards at all times
- Advise the Supervisor immediately of unsafe or potentially environmentally negative impact conditions or activities in the work area
- Report accidents, incidents and near misses to the Supervisor
- Assist new site/workshop employees in recognising job hazards or environmental issues and following required procedures
- In the event of accidents or incidents, assist the Supervisor in quarantining unsafe work areas, materials and equipment and making the situation safe
- Work in a manner that will not endanger yourself or others.
To apply for the position
If you are interested in this position and want to work with a great team, please email your resume to Steve Wilson, Benmax Group Human Resources Manager on email email@example.com.