Plumbing Apprentices (1st year) - Canberra
03 11 17
Benmax Group - Canberra
Plumbing Apprentices (1st year)
Permanent full time
Benmax Group is currently looking for a number of a number of 1st year Plumbing Apprentices for the Canberra region.
Established in 1986 Benmax is a quality endorsed company and a leading mechanical services provider specialising in the design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and service of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. Employing more than 140 staff, our team operates across six locations in Australia and New Zealand - Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
Our reputation is based on delivering high quality, consistently. To achieve this, we employ and train our own people ensuring we stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, improvements and equipment available to the industry.
The position is permanent full time.
Working a minimum of 40 hours per week including rostered days off plus overtime.
The salary for the position is above the award wage.
Reporting to the Supervisor or Leading Hand the ideal candidate will have a year 12 certificate and be willing to commit to the work and study to become a highly qualified and much sought after Mechanical Services Plumber. Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Learn how to review drawings and specifications to determine the layout of mechanical plumbing systems and materials required
- Learn how to analyse is completed to carry work out safely
- Understand the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and Personnel Protective Equipment
- Ensure work is performed as per schedule of works and carried out to quality and specification requirements
- Perform assigned tasks on projects including: setting out and hot and cold water systems; setting out and installing associated equipment; installing and fabricating large and small bore pipe; assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment; assisting in commissioning systems, plant and equipment as required
- Learn and understand and implement quality control techniques and implement Benmax policies, procedures and standards
- Identify where improvements could be made, and provide suggestions to the Supervisor
- Learn and provide relevant information to the Supervisor for inclusion in the Daily Site Diary
- Become familiar with the correct operation or maintenance of equipment and/or Personal Protective Equipment
- Become familiar with OHSE &QA requirements and standards
- Ensure all site/workshop activities are conducted within QHSE & QA requirements and standards at all times
- Advise the Supervisor immediately of unsafe or potentially environmentally negative impact conditions or activities in the work area
- Report accidents, incidents and near misses to the Supervisor
- In the event of accidents or incidents, assist the Supervisor in quarantining unsafe work areas, materials and equipment and making the situation safe
- Work in a manner that will not endanger yourself or others
- Abide by terms and conditions of the Training Contract
- Commit to and complete the RTO endorsed training plan in the time allocated
- Enrol and attend vocational training; complete theory based assessments and demonstrate skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability
To apply for the position
If you are interested in this position and want to work with a great team, please email your resume to Steve Wilson, Benmax Group Human Resources Manager on email firstname.lastname@example.org.