HVAC Apprenticeships in Mechanical Plumbing, Sheet Metal and Lagging – Canberra29 08 18
HVAC Apprenticeships in Mechanical Plumbing, Sheet Metal and Lagging – Canberra
Benmax Pty Ltd
Full time Position/s
It is an exciting time to be a part of the building & construction industry. The Benmax Group is seeking to provide multiple 1st year apprenticeship opportunities for motivated individuals, who will become an integral member of our team as our business continues to expand.
Established in 1986 the Benmax Group is a quality endorsed family company and a leading mechanical services provider specialising in the design, construction, commissioning, maintenance and service of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. Employing more than 140 staff, our team operates across six locations in Australia and New Zealand - Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
Our reputation is based on delivering high quality, consistently. To achieve this, we employ and train our own people ensuring we stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, improvements and equipment available to the industry.
Working as part of a professional team you will learn from experienced tradesmen and develop your skills across a range of sites with in Canberra and the surrounding region.
The successful applicant for this role will:
· Have a strong desire to learn and grow with our organisation
· Possess the ability to carry out practical and hands-on tasks
· Be able to complete tasks efficiently and on time
· Have well developed written and verbal communication skills
· Be an Australian Citizen
· Have or be able to obtain an Australian Government security clearance
And hold the following qualifications:
· Year 10 certificate or equivalent
· Valid Australian drivers licence
The Apprentice Plumber (first year) supports the Projects Division to contribute to the success of the company by successfully fulfilling the requirements of their first year Apprenticeship and tasks assigned to them in the workplace
· Model Benmax values and behaviours
· Comply with relevant codes and standards including WHS and company’s quality assurance (QA) system
· Participate in internal and external QA audits
· Improve efficiency and effectiveness by seeking to continually improve systems and processes in consultation with your supervisor
· In the event of accidents or incidents, assist the supervisor to quarantine unsafe work areas, materials and equipment and make the situation safe
· Participate in team meetings
· Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract
· Commit to, and successfully complete, the RTO endorsed training plan in the time allocated
· Enrol in and attend vocational training, completing theoretical and practical work assessments
· Demonstrate competency in acquired skills on work-site
· Comply with the Apprenticeship & Traineeship Act
· Use materials and equipment with care to minimise waste and damage
· Ensure work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and in a manner that will not endanger yourself or others
· Complete time sheets correctly and on time
· Liaise in a professional manner with clients, site employees, subcontractors, suppliers and other project participants
· Resolve worksite issues quickly and effectively to keep work on track
· Provide relevant information to the supervisor for inclusion in Daily Site Diary
· Ensure records, documentation and reports are completed as requested
· Report accidents, incidents and near misses to the supervisor
This is a full time position with occasional overtime and weekend work. You will be indentured for a period of 4 years.
A company uniform will be provided.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fulfill the above criteria please send your resume to email@example.com.Back